416 928 9272
Alternative Treatments for Cancer
I have been working with many cancer patients recently and because of this have felt the need to draw up a guide to therapeutic options. I'd like to share this with you, so first...
- find an oncologist you trust and to whom you can talk.
- for any treatment offered: check out "five year survival" data, "quality of life" issues, and understand clearly what tumour "response" means (it may not mean any improvement in length or quality of life).
- surgery is often a useful option. We might differentiate between the burden of the tumour mass, and the cancerous diathesis (tendency). The patient must correct the cancerous diathesis (environment) in their body: the surgeon can sometimes help deal with the cancer mass.]
- chemotherapy and radiation are highly toxic and need to be examined very carefully. There are some cancer, some situations where they are viable options, and others where they may do more harm then good. Ralph Moss' book "Questioning Chemotherapy" is a useful resource, as is his consultancy service (see below).
- explore alternative approaches. These might be divided into the following (overlapping) categories: diet, detoxification, supplementation, herbal, homeopathy, immune system stimulation, other (including parasite cures, oxygen therapy, shark cartilage, etc.)
- note, that even if you opt for traditional orthodox cancer treatment, holistic treatments and considerations can be of great help in augmenting your health!
- none of these alternative treatments stands on its own. Each of them is some help to the body in healing itself. Their use in an intelligent combination is essential. Take your time deciding what to do. You can change your regime, but you also have to follow through. (Ralph Moss suggests that eighteen months is an appropriate time frame to look for major improvement from alternative therapies.)
How do you find your way through the forest of alternatives? Relax. Take your
time. You are going to have to learn to trust your intuition and judgement. Seek
professional help from a holistic practitioner. Here again your judgement and
intuition must be your final arbiter.
Moss has a great expertise on cancer therapies and offers a consultancy service
by correspondence and phone (718) 636 4433, or over the net.
416 928 9272